The castle was erected in 1425 upon the order of king Władysław Jagiełło. It was situated on the left bank of Vistula River, opposite Teutonic Order-governed Toruń.
The church was built in the years 1902-1904. The building was erected in the neo-Gothic style for the Evangelical Reformed church founded in 1676.
The Orthodox church is housed in a converted wooden building of the former Evangelical Lutheran church, built in 1888.
The Church of the Holy Spirit is late Baroque, and was erected in the mid-18th c.
In 1824, in the place of the Mediaeval town hall, a brick Neo-Romanesque Lutheran church was built to a design from the workshop of Karl Friedrich Schinkel, one of the out