Artus (Arthur’s) Court in its present form dates back only to the end of the 19th c., being built in the place where, until 1802, a Gothic building with the same name had
This building dates from the year 1489. It was erected for the patrician Brotherhood of Saint. George as his summer residence.
The second of Toruń markets is a main square in the old craftsmen’ part of the town. In its centre there is a 19th century former evangelical church.
The garrison church was built in 1894-97. Originally it served Protestant soldiers stationed in the fortress of Toruń.
For centuries the city was surrounded by a vast system of fortifications: walls, gates, barbicans and towers.