The Church of the Holy Spirit
The Church of the Holy Spirit is late Baroque, and was erected in the mid-18th c. as a Lutheran church. Inside, fittings in the Rococo style are preserved, among which special attention should be given to the main altar and the pulpit. The Toruń master responsible also constructed the doors to the vestry in 1756, using an intarsia technique with colourful decorative motifs from the woods of various kinds of tree. This is one of the most important artistic achievements in Toruń in the medium of wood, and depicts scenes from martyr’s deaths and the resurrection of Christ.
As a result of a fire which damaged the church’s interior in May 1989 the organ, a preserved monument from the second half of the 18th c., was completely burnt. It has been replaced by a new instrument resembling the old in appearance.