Rynek Staromiejski87-100 Toruń
The statue made of bronze was unveiled in 1853. It presents Nicolaus Copernicus in an academic robe holding an astrolabe in his left hand and pointing at the sky with his right.
Its granite plinth holds a Latin inscription which reads: ‘Nicolaus Copernicus, from Toruń, moved the Earth and stopped the Sun and the Sky’. A small well decorated with a dolphin head from which water bursts enriches the basis of the plinth.
View traveler reviews: